Trails & Attractions
- - stroll along our rugged beaches taking in the salty air of the Atlantic Ocean
- - watch breaching whales play and sea birds dive for capelin
- - travel along the “Newfie Bullet’s” old railway bed
- - snowshoe or cross-country ski some of our back trails
- - hike the scenic East Coast Trail, we are .6 km from Michelina’s Path
- - capture this picture perfect paradise with your camera or paints
Bears Cove Inn is centered round a hub of activities. There’s something for everyone. From fine theater to whale watching, romantic picnics to sea kayaking.
For the anglers, we are within walking distance of the Witless Bay Lower Pond - a great place for sea trout. We are also minutes away for some of the best hunting areas on the Avalon Peninsula. The Witless Bay Line is great skidoo country and excellent for ice fishing.
For the naturalist, local boat tours, zodiac tours and sea kayak rentals can take you out into the Atlantic for some spectacular whale watching and a look at the Witless Bay Ecological Reserve - North America’s largest Atlantic Puffin colony.
For the sports enthusiast, take along your golf clubs as we have some of the best golf courses in Atlantic Canada. Visit our arena to watch some great local hockey - from squirts to the seniors fight for the Herder Memorial Trophy. If you enjoy cycling the Irish Loop Drive offers a real work out.
For those of you who want to experience our true culture - taste our cod tongues, jiggs dinner or other local favorites at the Sapphire Restaurant; experience the Irish flavor that runs through the Southern Shore at dinner theaters showcasing local talent; and find that special Newfoundland souvenir at Alderberry Blum.
A short outing can take you to …
For a full day outing or other interesting places to discover check out Newfoundland & Labrador Tourism or the historical towns of Witless Bay and Bay Bulls.